-115 000 PCs.
-115 000 PCs.
Fewer trash bags
-37 894 km
-35 518 kg
Smaller carbon footprint
"We can also see a drastic reduction in picking the cleaning of parks, a reduction of 60%." – Bo Höglund, Norrmalm District
Urban environment and parks
Excerpt from the final report
- From 118.000 to 2.731 movements per year, a real change of-97%.
- Transport decreased by 37.894 km (-92%).
- The number of garbage bags fell by 115.096th (-97%)
- CO2 carbon dioxide emissions fell by 35.518 kg CO2 (-92.4%).
- Total collected garbage 1 239 507 kg.
- Recycling: glass 3706 kg, paper 2540 kg.
Results are based on 124th devices from BigBelly during the period 2013-2017.
paper forests before
BigBelly is an innovative platform with over 50,000 existing units in 54 countries that communicate and create a sustainable management of the garbage in the public room without connection to the electricity grid. Units report their status and load line directly to the responsible for the more efficient planning of routes. BigBelly HC has 5-8 times more capacity than a traditional litter basket and gives room for 570 litres of uncompressed rubbish at the same size without pests get access to content. The platform provides an added value for both activities, the environment and the visitors.
The Administration has, in addition to the direct impact on the climate, received a higher knowledge and awareness of how to optimize placement of litter baskets and optimize transport.